Friday, April 27, 2012

My Friends' Future

Do you want to know a secret?
I know some of the most amazing people on this planet. No really, I'm convinced that within my small town and in my even smaller group of friends, reside some of the most spectacular people you will ever meet. I'm not just saying this because I'm close with these people--I can spot an idiot from a mile away. The creativity, passions, senses of humor, and love that I have encountered actually made make not  so terrified that my generation, mired in Juggalos and Bros, will soon be running the country.
And I'm thoroughly convinced that some of the people were placed in my life in order for me to come to a self-actualization on how far behind I really can be. I'm talking about the people that, before the age of 18, have published two plays, traveled the world, received straight A's and still managed to find time to donate blood to orphaned  cats every Tuesday. The ones who have their own business cards and autobiography. You know who I'm talking about, those people you know you're going to end up being a gardener for.
Okay...maybe a cook. And as much as these people intimidate me, they also continue to empower me.
One of these people once said "I just want to be a successful and useful person, I owe it to everyone who has brought me here in my life."
And it's true, not to sound like a 99 cent greeting card, but not only do we owe it to ourselves to lead great lives, but to anyone who has ever invested an ounce of energy into our future.
So while I may not be the type to willingly give my blood to a pet in need (which was made apparent earlier this week when a tiny needle was pressed into my vein by a Ukranian nurse, and I almost fainted) I should still be pushing  myself to my full potential,  I owe it  more than to just myself. What scares me the most is the fact that I may try my best at something and it just wont be good enough.
This is why I think these certain people have been placed in my life. I see their passions, goals and accomplishments and admittedly it makes me want a piece of it for myself. I know future Wall Street lawyers, comedians, musicians, directors, engineers, and doctors. Some don't know it yet. But it makes me extremely excited when I see a person living the life they're meant to lead. So many are destined for success and I know they'll get it.
They make me realize I should be giving everything I have in order to get everything I want. If I someday want to write for a television series maybe I should be blogging more, in order to refine my writing skills and also to please my number one fan. (You know who you are, and while I appreciate the attention, the letters written in your own blood have become too many. I'm concerned there's only so much AB+a body can hold). I'm constantly inspired by the people I talk to, or the jokes I hear in passing period. It's the people we see everyday that allow us to see their talents, and turn our inspiration into passion. I mean sometimes I feel like I'm just getting by (clearly) until the next day comes. And others, I see someone who is really making an impact on the lives of themselves and others, and I'm excited to see what the next day will teach me.

No comments:

Post a Comment